Cannot kill a running Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Check in TCL whether by executing the command 'LIST.READU EVERY' you your job list.
If you able to find in the list, use
'UNLOCK INODE #inodenumber# USER #userno# ALL'
If not try to restart the server and try to access.
The Log file is seems to be currupted.
Try to export and reimport the same file, which may help to rebuilt the log file.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You can try to clear the log file from the director; this might get rid of the data error, otherwise exporting the job, deleting it from the repository and re-importing should work.
zion1023
Participant

Post by zion1023 »

Hi kumar,

Thanks for the reply. The only one that worked from the one u suggested is exporting then re importing the job.

Thanks again.
=)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's because it deleted and recreated the log file for the job. Your problem with the 'blink' error meant the job's original log was corrupted, more than likely because it had exceeded the 2GB boundary. There are other, simpler ways of solving that particular problem. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mauherga
Participant

Post by mauherga »

Hi,

Once I have that problem, and solve with CLEAR.FILE RT_LOGxxx an RT_STATUSxxx.

In reference to the post of chulett, I know that is necesary take care about del size of the logs. In my case, I define a limit of 5 MB.

Regards.
maurik