Practical Examples/tests to train new resource

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deepak_b73
Participant

Practical Examples/tests to train new resource

Post by deepak_b73 »

Dear All,

I need to train a person in datastage.
Theoretical part is taken care of.
I need some practical examples or tests to be given to the person so that he is comfortable for creating jobs in datastage to meet the requirement.
Can any one send tests or examples which I can give to the person.
Tests should be to use different stages in datastage to create a job.
My mail id is deepak_b73@yahoo.com.
Please send them as requirement is urgent.

regards,
Deepak
Deepak Bhat
Bangalore
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

I suggest you to enroll for IBM Essential Server Course(DS324). It has lot of examples to make one get started with the server edition.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The product ships with a tutorial as well which can help learn the basics.
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

Go through the packaged tutorial. Why not try to clean the Northwind database from SQL server (or any database that you have). Then create some business rules, decide what your target should contain (may something in the line of a star schema). Once you have your source and target definitions and some simple transformation rules, then you can try creating jobs for them. You will have problems in the beginning. That's when you can look up to this forum again. Better still, as suggested in the earlier post, join the Ascential training.

gateleys
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

We don't do "urgent". This is an all volunteer site. No-one is paid for the time they spend posting here. No-one.

If you want urgent answers, buy premium support from your support provider.

Those who do provide examples of the kind you seek usually do so within the context of their own training packages, from which they earn their living. I suspect they would be unwilling to give them away!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.