JOB report on Category/Folder

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shrey3a
Premium Member
Premium Member

JOB report on Category/Folder

Post by shrey3a »

Gurus ,

I need to take out the report on folder/category with some basic info like job run time , start time and no of rows processed.

I'm able to do it for a particular job but requirement is get the info for all the jobs in the particular folder.

Thanks
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: JOB report on Category/Folder

Post by gateleys »

A very simple way would be- if you used the NotificationActivity stage in your job sequence, you could specify to include job report in that stage. Hence, when you are notified about the success of your job via email, it will have all the information that you had asked for, namely, job start/end times, number of rows processed at each link, etc. There are also other ways to dig the job log to extract this information. But, like I said, this is simple. Would not work if you are your running your jobs without the job sequence, though.

gateleys
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Open status view in Director, select your category. Use Filter to restrict by status if required. Choose Print from the Project menu. If needed, check the Print to File check box. Select options to suit your requirements.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

ray.wurlod wrote:Open status view in Director, select your category. Use Filter to restrict by status if required. Choose Print from the Project menu. If needed, check the Print to File check box. Select options to suit your requirements.
Ray, that will only provide information such as job start/end times, time elapsed and so on. It does not provide information on the number of rows processed at each link.

gateleys
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

It does provide the report on each link. how many rows inserted,updated and rejected, depending on the stage.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

DSguru2B wrote:It does provide the report on each link. how many rows inserted,updated and rejected, depending on the stage.
Hey Jules, I tried it with a job with a sequential file source passed to a transformer with one output link to ORAOCI9, and another to a reject file. The job had over 800,000 records. But, even with Print -> Full Details option, I did not get the link records processed. Here is the file that was generated-

Code: Select all

DataStage Report - Detail Status of jobs:  
Produced on: 3/24/2006 9:20:27 AM
Project: MYPROJECT
Host system: MYHOST
Item: 1

Item #: 1
   Job name: testLoad
   Started: 02:19 PM
   On date: 3/23/2006
   Last ran: 02:55 PM
   Elapsed time: 00:36:21
   Description: 
End of report.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

gateleys wrote:Hey Jules...
Sorry, Jules has been dead for almost 100 years now. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

chulett wrote:
gateleys wrote:Hey Jules...
Sorry, Jules has been dead for almost 100 years now. :wink:
Grrr!!! Its been a habit..looking at that part of the post for the poster's signature. Anyways, Craig (yeah! its correct), do you have an answer to my previous post?

gateleys
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If this is a 'where do I find it in the log' question, that information is in the 'finishing...' log records for each active stage:

blah-blah: DSD.StageRun Active stage finishing.
105 rows read from Something
105 rows written to Somewhere
105 rows written to SomewhereElse
0.080 CPU seconds used, 1.000 seconds elapsed.
Is that what you were looking for?
-craig

kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

One of the jobs in EtlStats will GetRowCountsFromLog but you can write it yourself if you want to.
Mamu Kim
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

I know that the job log provides the row count information, and that EtlStats provides that and more. However, my question came up because of Ray's statement :

Open status view in Director, select your category. Use Filter to restrict by status if required. Choose Print from the Project menu. If needed, check the Print to File check box. Select options to suit your requirements. 
But when I tried it only returns the job start/end time and time elapsed, but no row counts. When I pointed that out, DSGuru2B said that it is possible depending on the stage. However, I have tried that in a job with sequential file, tfr and ORAOCI9, but it just provides the various times, and not the counts, even with the Detail setting. Of course, unless I missed something.

gateleys
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You missed something. :wink: It's all there - as long as you select 'full details'.
-craig

gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

gateleys wrote:
DSguru2B wrote:It does provide the report on each link. how many rows inserted,updated and rejected, depending on the stage.
Hey Jules, I tried it with a job with a sequential file source passed to a transformer with one output link to ORAOCI9, and another to a reject file. The job had over 800,000 records. But, even with Print -> Full Details option, I did not get the link records processed. Here is the file that was generated-

DataStage Report - Detail Status of jobs:  
Produced on: 3/24/2006 9:20:27 AM
Project: MYPROJECT
Host system: MYHOST
Item: 1

Item #: 1
   Job name: testLoad
   Started: 02:19 PM
   Last ran: 02:55 PM
   Elapsed time: 00:36:21
   Description: 
End of report.
Craig, if you have a look at this previous post, I have mentioned that I have tried it using with "Full Details". Did I miss anything else?

gateleys
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ah... that's what you get when you run it from the 'Status' view in the Director. For the gory details, you need to run it from the 'Log' view instead.
-craig

gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

Thanks Craig. Woah!! needed a lot of explanation. And to think it was just there. But I prefer the log sent by the NotificatioActivity, in terms of rows processed by each stage and time.

Thanks again. I hope the orginal poster got his answer as well.

gateleys