Send EmailNotification to more than one person

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Send EmailNotification to more than one person

Post by kris007 »

Hi All
In my NotificationActivityStage I am passing Recipients email address as a parameter. But when I try to give more than one email address, the sequence aborts. Is it possible to include more than one email address. Any guidance would be of great help. I have searched the forum but couldnt find a similar problem.Following is the error message I get
Please check any paths in the following command file are correct, and if necessary adjust the 'dssendmail_template.txt' file in the project directory.
Thanks
Kris.[/code]
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What are you using to send mail from Windows? It may want spaces between addresses, commas, semi-colons - who knows. :? UNIX just wants whitespace.

And the "best" way I've found to handle this is to use a group for the Notification Activity, not individual email addresses. That way the recipients can be changed simply by modifying the group without having to touch the job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Thanks Craig..Using group solves the issue. I was using commas but didnt work that way.

Kris
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi Kris,
On Windows platform, I am using space between the multiple email addresses. On AIX platform, I am using comma between the multiple email addresses. One thing bad about Ascential software is that there is absolutely nothing telling you whethere to use space or comma or whatever.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's mostly because it's not 'Ascential' doing that part, it's the email services in the operating system. For Windows I would recommend looking into installing Blat, a nice little bit of freeware.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sudeepmantri
Participant

Post by sudeepmantri »

Hi , initially we also had similar problems. What we did is username,<space> username. It clicked