User 'privileges' needed to create table in Universe

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

poornimajayan
Participant

User 'privileges' needed to create table in Universe

Post by poornimajayan »

Hi,
Can anyone please tell me what 'privileges' a user needs to have in order to create tables within the Ascential Universe?
When I run a Job which uses Universe Stage, (after logging inside as a normal user) the create common inside the Universe fails giving an error "User aa is not an SQL user"
The same Job runs if I log on as an Administrator.
Does this mean all jobs using Ascential Universe must be run using DataStage Administrator?

Poornima
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The internal SQL privileges in a datastage project are assigned per the normal user access mechanism of DataStage (i.e. the .developer.adm file). If you run the job as a DataStage user it will go through, but I am assuming your userid with which you are running is not enabled for DataStage use.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to find out who the DBA is.

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM UV_USERS WHERE DBAAUTH = 'YES';
Connect (via telnet or Administrator client Command window) as that user and issue CONNECT privilege to that user.
GRANT CONNECT TO aa;
You will also need to add entries to the UV.LOGINS table to map all the different ways that user aa is known onto this user, or issue separate grants to the alternate IDs.

GRANT CONNECT TO machine\aa;
GRANT CONNECT TO domain\aa;
That having been done, if the table already exists, the DBA may need to grant appropriate table privileges.

GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, ALTER ON table TO PUBLIC;
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Developer
Participant

Post by Developer »

I have run into this same problem. One of the first things you can do is look at the permissions of the project folder. But the best way to verify who can have access to create Universe is by runni...
<br>
Have you tried Searching before posting? Yep, but all of the answers are now blocked - Grrrr.<br>
Looked at any recent posts in case they're your problem? Yep, but they are blocked - Grrrr.<br>
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
What exactly are you trying to do?
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org