sequential file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

meena
Participant

sequential file

Post by meena »

Hi All,
I have a job designed in which from transformer there are two output links given to a sequencer as inputs. Here I want to create two sequential files. I am able to finish the job succesfully,but here I am able to create a single sequential file only, not the other one. it is only one sequential file stage is used.

with regards,
Meena
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: sequential file

Post by DSguru2B »

meena wrote:I have a job designed in which from transformer there are two output links given to a sequencer as inputsMeena
What does this mean ?

If you are using one sequential file stage, you will get one file created at your target path.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Each one of the links going into your sequential file stage graphical object on the Designer canvas has it's own path information, and you need to give different file paths & names in both places. Are you sure that you have done this?
kalpna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: sequential file

Post by kalpna »

[quote="DSguru2B
If you are using one sequential file stage, you will get one file created at your target path.[/quote]

No!..we can create more than one file using one stage..(one file per link)

meena!..what your log file says?
does it warns anything?
give us some information.

kalpna
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi Meena,

When you are writing to a sequential file using two links from the transformer. You always make sure that you have entered the information for both the files that are being created.

Did you:

* specify the information for each link in the drop-down menu 'Input name:' under 'Inputs' tab of the target sequential file stage. If you have two links coming out of the transformer, then you will have two names under 'Input name:' drop-down list.

Hope that helps,

Thanks,
Naveen.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi All,
Thanks a lot. My problem is sloved. I was giving wrong path.

Thanks Once again
Meena