Whats happened with Hashed Files..

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mauherga
Participant

Whats happened with Hashed Files..

Post by mauherga »

Hi,

Does any one know what's happened with Hashed Files if the only parent job who use it is deleted? Does the hashed files deleted too? I have to delete then from unix before I delete the parent job?

The "Chek integrity of job files" option in DS.TOOLS can help to delete this hashed files?

Thanks in advance.
maurik
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi Mauherga,

The hashed file will still exist even though you delete the job that created it.

No. The "Check Integrity of Job Files" does not help you in deleting the hashed files.

There are a lot of posts covering the deletion of hashed files. Use the search facility.

To start with, you can use this LINK

Thanks,
Naveen.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Hashed files are seperate files the are created via the DS application. It has no effect if the job is deleted or changed. The next run of the job can variate the content of the file.
Its just like saying if I delete a job, will the target table be deleted :wink:
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.