Job failing in SAP R/3 Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

myotoo
Participant

Job failing in SAP R/3 Stage

Post by myotoo »

Hi,

One of the jobs is using SAP R/3 IDOCs stage v5.1 and the job is failing for the following warning.

Abnormal termination of stage <JOB NAME>.Debmas06_IDoc.IDENT12 detected

(Debas06_IDoc is stage name)

What is IDENT?? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

M

(I have posted in Enterprise server section. So I copied and posted the right one. Sorry :) )
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

DataStage "Stages" are split into active and passive stages, where passive stages are such things as DB and file system sources and targets and active stages are transforms, sort, aggregate, partitioner, etc.

Active stages are effectively implemented as (portions of) running programs and passive stages are called from these. If you have two passive stages linked together (i.e. going from a sequential file to an ODBC stage) then nothing would get done since there is no "program" to call these two passive stages. So the DataStage compiler puts in a hidden active stage which is basically a dummy transform with pass-through of the data and labels this IDENT1 {and IDENT2, etc.}.

So your error message hasn't told you too much more than that the problem occurred in the IDoc portion of the dummy transform.
myotoo
Participant

Post by myotoo »

Hi ArndW,

Thanks for info.

There is no further message regarding why job got aborted except I mentioned.

Cheers,

M