Unable to import table definitions using Ascential 7.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Renita
Participant

Unable to import table definitions using Ascential 7.5

Post by Renita »

Hi,

As a part of checking the DSN connectivity, we tried to import table definitions using Designer
Right click Table Definition->ODBC->DSN window

However the for one of the database it did not list any tables. i got a message saying 'No Match Found!'.
The DSN connectivity was done at the same time in exactly the same way for two databases db1 and db12 . However, it failed only for db12.
Also we checked the database connectivity to the databases using DB2 CLP using the same id and password used for import & that was fine.

DSN seems to have been configured correctly because i can see it for both the databases in the drop-down list.

We had made necessary changes in .odbc.ini & uvodbc.config files at the DSHOME and Project level.

Thanks,
Renita
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Are you certain that the user you are using to connect has SELECT privileges on both databases and that you don't have the "Filter" set incorrectly?
Renita
Participant

Post by Renita »

Hi,
The import was failing for job executibles. I excluded it in the import and it ran fine.Later i did a mass compile for all jobs in the system

Thanks! : )
Renita
Participant

Post by Renita »

Hi,
The import is still failing using DSN ODBC!
When i bind the DSN i get error
Package creation failed!: Specified security mechanism, (Unknown), is not supported by server.

Any help on this!
ririr
Participant

Post by ririr »

Renita,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am getting the same error.

Thanks,
Renita wrote:Hi,
The import is still failing using DSN ODBC!
When i bind the DSN i get error
Package creation failed!: Specified security mechanism, (Unknown), is not supported by server.

Any help on this!