REG: Hash File Creation Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vinodanand
Premium Member
Premium Member

REG: Hash File Creation Error

Post by Vinodanand »

Hi,

I get the following error when creating a hash file ...

CopyOfJStgOdsClclAdsClclClaim..HASH_CMC_NWGP_NET_GROUP.IDENT13: |CopyOfJStgOdsClclAdsClclClaim..HASH_CMC_NWGP_NET_GROUP.SRC_CMC_NWGP_NET_GROUP: DSD.UVOpen Creating file "Hash_CMC_NWGP_NET_GROUP_ODS_CLCL_ADS_CLCL_CLAIM" as Type 30.

Unable to create operating system file "Hash_CMC_NWGP_NET_GROUP_ODS_CLCL_ADS_CLCL_CLAIM".

*** Processing cannot continue. ***

.|

It says cannot create OS File even though there is enough space on the server... It would be great if any one cld help me on this...
Poornagirija
Participant

Post by Poornagirija »

HI,
Check do you have write permissions.

It will be quite helpful to us if you describe your scenario clearly...
With Regards,
Poornagirija.

"Don't limit your challenges - challenge your limits"
Vinodanand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Vinodanand »

Poornagirija wrote:HI,
Check do you have write permissions.

It will be quite helpful to us if you describe your scenario clearly...
I do have permissions as i'm able to create sequential and hash files . This is not specific to this particular file. iu get this error at random for different hash files.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Does your response mean that if you run the job again it will create the hashed file correctly?
Vinodanand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Vinodanand »

yupp... Sometimes at a rerun they get created else tyhe same error throws again but for different hash files.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Are you creating these files as directory paths or as local hashed files?
How much space is there available in the target directory (remember, a large minimum modulus will preallocate disk space)? Do you have enough i-nodes available on that volume? If you are using paths, the "mkdbfile" command will be in your log and you could attempt to call this up from the command line to see if you get the same error (and perhaps more information).
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Are you saying that once a job failed a rerun of the same job with no manual handling, except for resetting the job, simply works fine?

Is it possible your reaching some other limit, such as NOFILES preventing you from opening more then a predefined number of files per process?
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
Vinodanand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Vinodanand »

roy wrote:Hi,
Are you saying that once a job failed a rerun of the same job with no manual handling, except for resetting the job, simply works fine?

Is it possible your reaching some other limit, such as NOFILES preventing you from opening more then a predefined number of files per process?

Wat do u mean by NOFILES ? Can u be more Elaborate on this.... Ya on a rerun it wrks fine...
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

Wat do u mean by NOFILES ? Can u be more Elaborate on this.... Ya on a rerun it wrks fine...
In your uvconfig file what value you have speified in MFILES and T30FILE?

By any chance are you hitting any of these limits?
Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The crux of the error message is "Unable to create operating system file". You have to figure out why this is - permissions, non-existent directory in the pathname, whatever.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.