REG : PIC Basic

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vinodanand
Premium Member
Premium Member

REG : PIC Basic

Post by Vinodanand »

Hi,

Can any one help me by lettin me knw wer can i get documents on PIC Basic -- Which if I am correct is how the Datastge server is coded.....
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

In the Start menu under the Ascential folder is the entire DS BASIC manual.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You've also got access to all the vendor supplied routines via the Manager. Open up the 'Routines' branch by clicking on the plus sign next to it and then double-click on any of the routines there. They are typically well documented in their Long Description and the BASIC source code is available for your study by switching to the Code tab.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The DataStage server itself is not entirely coded in DataStage BASIC, which is a vast superset of Pick BASIC. The server is also coded in other languages, primarily C, for example for those pieces that must deal directly with operating system resources.
The ultimate reference for DataStage BASIC is the DataStage BASIC manual (C:\Program Files\Ascential\DataStage\Docs\Basic.pdf)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.