different sources data into one database table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

narayanavagu
Participant

different sources data into one database table

Post by narayanavagu »

Hi,

In my job I have 4 sequential files and all the sequential files having nearly 15 columns and i need to get 3 columns from each sequential file and get into my source database table(Oracle 9i) and I want to create the table at the datastage itself with out touching the database at all.

I am getting error at the transformer it self and where as at the target database table generated ddl is also giveing error also.

Total scenario is big headache for me.

First of all the procedure iam following is correct or not or any other method I have to follow .

tnx in advance
Venkata Narayana Vagu,
DW Developer
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I think that many of us would like to help you, but
I am getting error at the transformer it self
doesn't help at all - what kind of a error message are you getting and exactly is your problem?
narayanavagu
Participant

Post by narayanavagu »

At my source along with sequential file one more database stage(oracle) is there .

The problem is not at transformer that is at the source database stage while I am clicking the get SQL INFO .It is giving this error

DSR.MetaGeta(GET.DSNINFO)(SQLConnect('SHR2','PARAM1328')): BCI Error:
SQLSTATE=IM004,CODE=0,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed

plz help......
Venkata Narayana Vagu,
DW Developer
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Well, the error message starts with a text containing "GET.DSNINFO", leading me to assume it can't connect via ODBC to the database. Can you import metadata or do a view data from another program to any table in this database? If not, you need to configure your ODBC connectivity correctly. Since you are on Windows you can check the ODBC system DSN using MSQuery from outside of DataStage to see where the error lies.