Change License number

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jusami25
Premium Member
Premium Member

Change License number

Post by jusami25 »

Hi collegages,

I would like to know if it's possible to install DataStage with a license number, and then change de license number with a new number without re-installing everything??

Thanks in advance
Julio
Kirtikumar
Participant

Post by Kirtikumar »

Check out DS Admin pdf.
No need to reinstall the DS.

There are two type of license - server and client.
Server is for DS server and client is for the client DS applications.
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are LOTS of different kinds of licence. You should be able to re-license in the Administrator client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As long as you are running 7.5.x then yes - before that, you would need to reinstall everything to re-license.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
slinni
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by slinni »

chulett wrote:As long as you are running 7.5.x then yes - before that, you would need to reinstall everything to re-license.
Is the client license tied to a particular server.
i.e. if I have one configuration with a server and 10 client licenses and another server with 5 client licenses,
a) can I use the 10 client license pack to connect to the second server to allow 10 developers to work on this?
b) or even better, can I use 15 people at a time?
Would appreciate any links to sites where the licensing model is discussed.

would appreciate any pointer to this basic question..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

(a) yes
(b) yes

The entire licensing model is not discussed anywhere. You might like to search the forum for DS_LICENSE (the name of a hashed file in which connected client information is stored). There is, of course, more to it than that; for example licensing control is actually done in shared memory; it is partially implemented as a set of counters, partially as shared and exclusive locks and - as noted - recorded in the DS_LICENSE file in the DataStage home (or UV) account.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.