The directory you are connecting to either is not a UV accou

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jshurak
Participant

The directory you are connecting to either is not a UV accou

Post by jshurak »

I'm having problems connecting to datastage when I try to log on, I get the following error message:

Failed to connect to host: dwetl2, project: Production
( The directory you are connecting to either is not a UV account or does not exist (39125))

I've never seen this problem before. The server where datastage is running fine. I've tried contacting Ascential, but they are closed for President's day
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

DataStage will use the directory path pointed to for your project and look for a VOC file in that location. You will see this message if your UNIX userid does not have access to that directory or VOC file {this is the most common reason for this error in a running environment}.

Can you attach to any other project?
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi and Welcom aboard :),
Did you verify the account exists?
There is an off chance some repository files got corrupted or deleted or as Arnd said you lack privilages to it.

When you connect via DS Administrator client, is the account view-able in the list of projects?

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Try again and instead of project Production try "uv", the administrator account. If you can connect there, then your userid has permission to use the telnet session on the server. Methinks your userid doesn't have permission.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
jshurak
Participant

Post by jshurak »

Thank you all for your posts. We resolved the problem by rebooting the server, now I'm just trying to catch up the jobs that didn't run. I will take not of these responses in case this happens again
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This message sometimes also occurs if there exists an explicit user profile or home directory that puts the user into a folder that is not a DataStage project. The solution is to change the profile or home directory, or write a startup profile script, so that the user is attached to a project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.