Inserting the row

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ceenu
Participant

Inserting the row

Post by ceenu »

Hi :

I have Price table and item table.
For that i have a two jobs.

Whenever price is changes occur in first job for the same id,it will go and insert for the History purpose.
Same way to the Item table (second job) for that perticular priceid insert the another recoed for History purpose.For this i have written a stage variable and constraint.
It will not happening in production for all records which has price changes,only some of them are inserted.
I have imported the same data ( 5 records only) to the development
Its working fine .Please let me know the solution.

I am using DB2,Tfm and Db2 stages.

Thanks
ceenu
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

ceenu

If you job works in development then it has to work in production system. Unless you have old version promoted to production or some logical mistake in your job itself. Do a full testing on the same data you had problem in the production and try to run it developement and see.
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Maybe the problem does not occur with the five records you imported to your development environment, but with others. But it's more likely that the problem is with the job design logic, or with differences in how connectivity to DB2 is configured in the different environments.

Are you getting any error messages in production? If so, please post so we have a better idea. What does your job design look like?

Right now your question is in the category "my car won't go - what's the problem?". With our help you're going to need to do some detective/diagnostic work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.