HASH file already exists in VOC.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

HASH file already exists in VOC.

Post by DeepakCorning »

I am trying to create a file HASH_ABC with dummy values (just creating it) but i keep gettign this error-->

Trans_Dummy: DSD.UVOpen An operating system file already exists with the name "D_HASH_ABC".
File name =
File not created.

I searched the forum and got some two soultions but they do not work here. Any suggestions??
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi Deepak,

In the hashed file stage. Go to the "Inputs" tab. Click on "Options" and then check the "Delete File before Create" box.

Thanks,
Naveen.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Your VOC is out of sync with the OS. The OS has the D_ file and no VOC entry. You need to delete the D_ file probably so it can create the file.
Mamu Kim
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

naveendronavalli -
Been there done that....

Kduke -
Deleted the D_File from VOC. As i told you i tried the solutions posted on the forum.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

The CLEAN.ACCOUNT command will sync the VOC with the files underneath. This maybe the easiest way to sync them up. Do not delete anything if you run this command.
Mamu Kim
ravij
Premium Member
Premium Member

HASH file already exists in VOC

Post by ravij »

Hi Duke,

Can you give me sme brief description about VOC. where is it resided and how is it helpful in DataStage?
May be its basic thing but I want to know about it. I searched it in the forum but i couldn't get proper info about it.

your help is appreciated.
thanks in advance.
Ravi
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The VOC file is the core file around which a whole account revolves. It stands for VOCabulary and it contains entries that point to all the Verbs, PAragraphs, PHrases, Files and other types of keywords that a DataStage account uses.
ravij
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ravij »

Thanks ArndW,

I want to read more about VOC. where can I get more info about VOC? plz help me regarding this.

thanks in advance.
Ravi
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

ravij,

we all have full keyboards here and don't need to text message, especially those of us like myself and yourself who don't speak English as a native language - so please don't use "plz" but spell it out.

The VOC file is a core internal file in the DataStage engine and is not documented as part of the product. The DataStage engine was once identical with the product called UniVerse, which is now owned by IBM. IBM has put all the documentation for UniVerse on these pages and several of these documents will touch upon the VOC file. You can take a look at the UniVerse User Reference Guide, I seem to recall that this discusses the VOC file in general terms.
ravij
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ravij »

Hi ArndW,

Thank you and sorry for using short cuts.

Like wise what is TCL? could you give me some details about it? if any document is available on this please provide me.

thanks in advance.
Ravi
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

ravij,

I'm sorry about leaving the "plz" comment in there! I put it in and then decided that I was just in a bad mood and it wasn't that important, so I cut the sentence out but then I must have refreshed the screen or done something to put it back in. Now that it "escaped" I'll leave it out, since it would be impolite to edit it out and leave people wondering what your response is referring to :)

The TCL is the command line prompt and environment you can enter when doing certain things in text-mode in DataStage. When you enter text commands in the ADMINistrator it will call up a TCL shell on the server. In early versions of the PICK database system it was actually the Operating system, so when you logged in or switched the system on your prompt would the ">" one from TCL.

Just as with the previous answer, the UniVerse documentation will explain much of what you want to know. Once again I think that the User reference guide is the place to start.
ravij
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ravij »

Thank you ArndW. thanks for your best guidence.
Ravi