Abnormal termination of stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pmadhavi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Abnormal termination of stage

Post by pmadhavi »

I wanted to test whether incremental job is working fine
ie whether the new rows are getting inserted and existing rows are getting populated.

I created a temporay source table which is exact replica of original source
I have done because the original table has millions of records.

now i inserted some rows in the temp source and ran the mapping.
the rows have been inserted. then i updated the tables.
the changes got reflected in the target too.

Now i wanted to run the job against my original source table.
when i was running it, it is getting terminated abruptly at 530000 record.

the log when i ran th job with temp source is as follows

FDM84_89_LEDGER_F00_HF..INS_PS_LEDGER_F00: INSERT INTO PS_LEDGER_F00(BUSINESS_UNIT, LEDGER, ACCOUNT, ALTACCT, DEPTID, OPERATING_UNIT, PRODUCT, FUND_CODE, CLASS_FLD, PROGRAM_CODE, BUDGET_REF, AFFILIATE, AFFILIATE_INTRA1, AFFILIATE_INTRA2, CHARTFIELD1, CHARTFIELD2, CHARTFIELD3, HF_MELOB, PROJECT_ID, BOOK_CODE, GL_ADJUST_TYPE, CURRENCY_CD, STATISTICS_CODE, FISCAL_YEAR, ACCOUNTING_PERIOD, POSTED_TOTAL_AMT, POSTED_BASE_AMT, POSTED_TRAN_AMT, BASE_CURRENCY, DTTM_STAMP_SEC, PROCESS_INSTANCE, BUS_UNIT_E1, SUBLEDGER, SUBLDGR_TYPE, SUBSIDIARY, SRC_SYS_ID, LOAD_ERROR, DATA_ORIGIN, CREATED_EW_DTTM, LASTUPD_EW_DTTM, BATCH_SID) VALUES(:1, :2, :3, :4, :5, :6, :7, :8, :9, :10, :11, :12, :13, :14, :15, :16, :17, :18, :19, :20, :21, :22, :23, :24, :25, :26, :27, :28, :29, TO_DATE(:30, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'), :31, :32, :33, :34, :35, :36, :37, :38, TO_DATE(:39, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'), TO_DATE(:40, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'), :41)

FDM84_89_LEDGER_F00_HF..exp_LEDGER: DSD.INTClose Active stage finishing.
7 rows read from agg_LEDGER
0 rows read from lkp_PS_HF_BU_MAP
7 rows written to exp_LEDGER2

FDM84_89_LEDGER_F00_HF..agg_LEDGER: DSD.INTClose Active stage finishing.
7 rows read from exp_EMPTY_STRING_FDM
7 rows written to agg_LEDGER

FDM84_89_LEDGER_F00_HF..exp_EMPTY_STRING_FDM: DSD.StageRun Active stage finishing.
7 rows read from SQ_PS_LEDGER
7 rows written to exp_EMPTY_STRING_FDM
0.200 CPU seconds used, 1.000 seconds elapsed.

pls find the log when I ran the job against the original source table

FDM84_89_LEDGER_F00_HF..INS_PS_LEDGER_F00: INSERT INTO PS_LEDGER_F00(BUSINESS_UNIT, LEDGER, ACCOUNT, ALTACCT, DEPTID, OPERATING_UNIT, PRODUCT, FUND_CODE, CLASS_FLD, PROGRAM_CODE, BUDGET_REF, AFFILIATE, AFFILIATE_INTRA1, AFFILIATE_INTRA2, CHARTFIELD1, CHARTFIELD2, CHARTFIELD3, HF_MELOB, PROJECT_ID, BOOK_CODE, GL_ADJUST_TYPE, CURRENCY_CD, STATISTICS_CODE, FISCAL_YEAR, ACCOUNTING_PERIOD, POSTED_TOTAL_AMT, POSTED_BASE_AMT, POSTED_TRAN_AMT, BASE_CURRENCY, DTTM_STAMP_SEC, PROCESS_INSTANCE, BUS_UNIT_E1, SUBLEDGER, SUBLDGR_TYPE, SUBSIDIARY, SRC_SYS_ID, LOAD_ERROR, DATA_ORIGIN, CREATED_EW_DTTM, LASTUPD_EW_DTTM, BATCH_SID) VALUES(:1, :2, :3, :4, :5, :6, :7, :8, :9, :10, :11, :12, :13, :14, :15, :16, :17, :18, :19, :20, :21, :22, :23, :24, :25, :26, :27, :28, :29, TO_DATE(:30, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'), :31, :32, :33, :34, :35, :36, :37, :38, TO_DATE(:39, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'), TO_DATE(:40, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'), :41)

in between there is a warning with no message at all.
and for this warning the user name is not getting displayed instead some junk value is there.

Abnormal termination of stage FDM84_89_LEDGER_F00_HF..exp_EMPTY_STRING_FDM detected

pls help me.
i badly need u guys help
Thanks,
Madhavi
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

hi madhavi

what is your database. How often you commit records?..give me information to help you

thks
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
pmadhavi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by pmadhavi »

we are doing peoplesoft upgrade project. i dont have information of how often the dba does commit?

any other info needed?
Thanks,
Madhavi
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

madhavi

without seeing the message it is hard to guess. Did you asked your dba to check the database table. Tell dba to do a quick health check and try rerunning the job and see whether you get the error again or not. Other way is to split your source into small junks and run the job.

regards
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
pmadhavi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by pmadhavi »

i am using @in rownum system variable in the transformer to load data in chunks
and it works fine
thanks alot!!
Thanks,
Madhavi
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

pmadhavi wrote:i am using @in rownum system variable in the transformer to load data in chunks
and it works fine
thanks alot!!
Hi Madhavi,
May i know how you manage acheive using the system variable. How you manage to make your data in chunks, it that you made to write to different file or paused between inteval.

-Kumar