Intelligent Assistants

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ravij
Premium Member
Premium Member

Intelligent Assistants

Post by ravij »

Hi,

I have read some where in this forum about "Intelligent Assistants" but i couldn't get proper idea about it . What exactly is it n where is it used? what is the use of it?
pls give me some information about it.

thanks in advance.
Ravi
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
The term Intelient Assistant referes to the 2 page 7th chapter of the DS324 course (DataStage Essentials Server Edition).
In short it's the ability to create templates from jobs and jobs from presaved templates.
Theese templates are saved on the client side not in the repository.
You can use it to shorten development time.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't believe "Intelligent Assistants" are the same as templates. From what I recall, they were something that Ascential attempted to put together that never really worked the way they wanted them to work, so they were removed from the product. :?

They were "Wizards", something that from a job template and an IA script, would prompt you for certain metadata elements and then generate a new job from the template and your answers.

They may still be in the EE for PX jobs, but they don't exist for Server jobs as far as I know. "They" can still create them but "we" can't, even though that was the goal.

That's what I recall, anywho. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers