Error from DSDB2 Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tombastian
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error from DSDB2 Stage

Post by tombastian »

Hi All,
I am facing a problem with my DSDB2 Stage. The whole environment was set up recently. I am getting the following error when i select view data from the stage " ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen ". We have installed DB2 Client on the ETL Server (AIX) and specified the LIBPATH and floowing environment variables in dsenv.
DB2DIR
DB2INSTANCE
INSTHOME

Will anyone be able to give some input to the above problem.

Thanks,
Tom.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Is this this the first time you are trying to user DB2 stage?
Has it been setup properly?

-Kumar
tombastian
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tombastian »

Ya, this is the first time i'm trying to use DSDB2 Stage in the server.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't have access to DB2, so not that familiar with its setup. Have you followed all of the necessary configuration steps outlined in the Plug-in Installation and Configuration Guide for the stage? Have you stopped and restarted DataStage after you made the dsenv changes?

I would think there is more to the error than that - doesn't it tell you which object it couldn't load?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's also a Help topic on DB2 configuration requirements. It's for DB2 Enterprise stage (parallel jobs) but it's still a useful checklist.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
MTA
Participant

Post by MTA »

where did you specify the LIBPATH. in dsenv or environmental variable level. If you do not specify the in DSENV you will not be able to view data by view data tab but will be able to run the job.
M.T.Anwer
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent;
the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
-Aiden Nowlan
gpatton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gpatton »

You may also need to add the db2 configuration parameters into the .profile file of the etl user ( i.e. the user you sign on to DataStage with)

Make sure your libpath is set correctly.

Also you can verify the connectivity by trying to run db2 connect to "Database" from the unix command line.