null value in first line of output of a merge stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

changming
Participant

null value in first line of output of a merge stage

Post by changming »

I use a merge stage to do a many to many join, everything is working fine, just a little problem confused me few days. the null value in the first line of the merge stage output is transformed to 'Yes' for some unknown reason. This only happened on the first line. any one has met the same problem? is there any people having the experience to sort it out? thanks in advance.
sudhakar_viswa
Participant

Post by sudhakar_viswa »

Hi,

You are saying everything is ok,so what is your problem with null value,any way it is also passing na.

bye,
sudhakar
i need to know datastage
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: null value in first line of output of a merge stage

Post by kumar_s »

changming wrote:I use a merge stage to do a many to many join, everything is working fine, just a little problem confused me few days. the null value in the first line of the merge stage output is transformed to 'Yes' for some unknown reason. This only happened on the first line. any one has met the same problem? is there any people having the experience to sort it out? thanks in advance.
Hi,
Do you mean to say that a Null value has been changed to 'Yes' implicitly in merge is it?
It cannot be the case. Pls check if you have provided any default values/Null field value in the field properties.
Is there any other value comes with Null as output?

-Kumar