ETL training

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yelu
Participant

ETL training

Post by yelu »

Since I am new in this field could anyone tell me where to get affordable ETL tool training in datastage? I currently live in New York.

Thanks
Yelu
Last edited by yelu on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I think "affordable" is a tough one; it is specialized training and that always commands a price. The first things we would need to know is which part of what country are you in.
ml
Participant

Post by ml »

Hi Yelu, welcome!!

I think that the Developer User guide is a good start. I remember that ascential had a "first steps" doc and a good advanced course, but those ones are not free.

good luck

mat
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Compared to the cost of the software, even the "official" IBM training would be regarded as affordable. Check out their website, or your vendor, for dates and times (and costs).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

There is also the Data Warehouse ETL Toolkit by Caserta and Kimball that you can pick from bookstores. It's probably the most relevent reference book out there for DataStage (given that there are no DataStage books yet).
yelu
Participant

Post by yelu »

Thank you all for your responses.