cannot get exclusive access to executable job --Job may be

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pukars4u
Participant

cannot get exclusive access to executable job --Job may be

Post by pukars4u »

Hai I am getting the below error when i am trying to compile a batch job

can anyone help me

[b]cannot get exclusive access to executable job batch: Batch job --Job may be monitored[/b]
rwierdsm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: cannot get exclusive access to executable job --Job may

Post by rwierdsm »

You have a monitor open in Director. Close the monitor and try to compile your job again in Designer.

pukars4u wrote:Hai I am getting the below error when i am trying to compile a batch job

can anyone help me

cannot get exclusive access to executable job batch: Batch job --Job may be monitored
Rob Wierdsma
Toronto, Canada
bartonbishop.com
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Also, sometimes the job may get locked. And you wouldn't have exclusive rights on it. So, try clearing the locks for that job if it is not being monitored in the director.

There a ton of postings on how to clear locks, which would pop-up if you use the search facility.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
MTA
Participant

Post by MTA »

Adding to the point : Look out for phantom's that might be still running in the background.
M.T.Anwer
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent;
the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
-Aiden Nowlan
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Batch jobs are NOT eligible for Monitors (no Active stages), so this message actually is wrong. It really means the job is locked.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
pukars4u
Participant

got it

Post by pukars4u »

Thanks guys for the replies I got the problem solved