Unable bind DSN for DB2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tombastian
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable bind DSN for DB2

Post by tombastian »

Hi,
I have created a DSN on my ETL Server (Unix) to connect to DB2 Database. When I execute "[color=olive]bind20 DB2DSN[/color]" from unix, it's throwing the following error

[b][color=olive]" xec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program bind20 because of the following errors:
0509-150 Dependent module libVMicu20.a(VMicu20.so) could not be loaded
0509-022 Cannot load module libVMicu20.a(VMicu20.so).
0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist. "[/color][/b]

DB2 Client is installed on the server. When I try to connect to the Database, we get the following error
[b]
[color=olive]" DSR.MetaGeta(GET.TABLES)(SQLTables): BCI Error:
SQLSTATE=S1000,CODE=-443,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC DB2 Wire Protocol driver][UDB DB2 for Windows, UNIX, and Linux]An error occurred executing function or procedure SYSIBM.SQLTABLES with the following parameters: (TABLES). Refer to the joblog for more information regarding the detected error. "[/color][/b]

Any input on this will be of great help.

Thanks,
Tom.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The key to it all is this statement:
System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

This suggests that the shared library path environment variable (LD_LIBRARY_PATH, SHLIB_PATH or LIBPATH, depeding on your UNIX) has not been set properly (probably in dsenv). Determine, perhaps using find, where VMicu20.so (or libVMicu.a) is, and ensure that that is in the shared library search path.

Assuming you are at QBE please be aware that that installation was done by a very inexperienced person.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ml
Participant

Post by ml »

Hi Tom,

You need to run . ./dsenv before bind.

good luck!

Matias
tombastian
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tombastian »

Thanks Ray for the reply. Amazing ...!!! Yes,Last week I joined ETL development team here. Got to know, you were here till last week.

Thanks,
Tom.