Input links parameter to the Stored Proc in SybaseOC

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anshumangupta1206
Participant

Input links parameter to the Stored Proc in SybaseOC

Post by anshumangupta1206 »

I am using a stored proc(anymode) in the Database stage wiht Sybase OC in the simple User defined SQL query area.

Apparently the DS jobs dont' allow the input link parameter to be provided to the Stored proc .
I tried the statement 'Exec StoredProcName ?' in the User defined SQl area, it works fine if i dont' provide the parameter or if the parameter is hardcoded but if there is any parameter as ? then the query formation fails

Can anybody please give me suggestion to how to provide the parameters generated(in the input link) at run time to the stored proc, Can we use StageVariable in the SQL query for this
wed
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Passive stages that have both input and output links only serve as syncronization points and really do not have access between input/output link data.
It is, as if, you built 2 jobs, 1 writing to the DB and the other reading from the DB and wrapped them in a sequence job.
This aproach can make use of the UserStatus you'll set in the first job and supply it as an argument to the following job that invokes the SP.

Do Search the forum if you need more info regarding User Status.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org