IBM Pseries supported for any linux?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

denzilsyb
Participant

IBM Pseries supported for any linux?

Post by denzilsyb »

Hi guys

long time since I've posted anything and it looks like it's still the busiest DataStage place around.

Are there plans to have DataStage run on pseries/powerchip on any linux in the near future? I believe it is supported for AIX on the pseries already.

If you do have this detail, please point me (and others like me) in the right direction to find this type of info in future.

thanks!
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Did you contact your local vendors for this info?
I guess that's the best place to ask, in case it's not showing in the formal suppoerted platforms list published in the official product site.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
denzilsyb
Participant

Post by denzilsyb »

Thanks - I found this site that has current availability of products but not much more telling me about roadmaps of products:

http://www.ascential.com/eservice/produ ... ability.do

btw... whatever happened to HAWK? Informatica has been grinding this release since it was rumoured to be released last year.

:?:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage TX 8.0 ("Hawk") was released in 2005.

The other components are currently in beta testing, with an expected release in the second quarter of 2006. They were shown in the event in Las Vegas last November. Some posts about the beta version have already appeared on this forum.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.