Assign a value to the job parameter in the job itself.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anshumangupta1206
Participant

Assign a value to the job parameter in the job itself.

Post by anshumangupta1206 »

I want to assign a value coming form an input link to the job parameter in the same job.

I'll then use this job parameter in the sql query to pass an argument to Stored proc, as we cannot use the input linkdirectly to pass to the stored proc argument.

Can anybody please help me with how to pass the value coming form an input link to the job parameter in the same job.
wed
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

Hi

You cannot set job parameter within the job itself. Please search this forum, it has been discussed many times.

--Balaji S.R
sudhakar_viswa
Participant

Post by sudhakar_viswa »

Hi,

If you want you can do one thing.Instead of assigning value to the parameter assign value to stage variable and pass it to required targets

bye,
sudhakar
i need to know datastage
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Balaji is correct you cannot assign a parameter in one job. You need to break this up into 2 jobs. Normally you would do this in a batch job. A batch job is one with only job control code. In 7.5.1 you can use a routine activity and return its arguments and assign them to variables. These can be used in setting parameter values of jobs run after calling this routine. This works very well. The batch job concept works very well in older versions of DataStage.
Mamu Kim