The connection is broken (81002)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

swarnaaneel
Participant

The connection is broken (81002)

Post by swarnaaneel »

Hi friends ,

When i am trying to access the table defnitions it is giving error as bellow ,pls help me where i have to reset in project

Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR_SELECT (Action=4); check DataStage is set up correctly in project EMS
(The connection is broken (81002))
ANEEL
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello Aneel,

the SEARCH facility in this forum is quite powerful, I search using the subject line of "The connection is broken (81002)" and got 48 matches!

There are several common causes of this error. If you only get it when accessing the table definitions and not other parts of the repository it might be a corrupted hashed repository file index.

You would need to use the ADMINistrator and issue the DS.TOOLS option 2, or execute the command (from the Administrator) "DS.REINDEX ALL" {please note that all DataStage users must be logged out, or else the indices might become unusable and nobody will find their jobs until the command is executed again}
raj_konig
Participant

Post by raj_konig »

Hello Arnd,

may I know how u know all these commands? Is there any PDF or some other doc where can get all these commands information.

Its a question raised out of enthusiasm :)

rajesh
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The DS.TOOLS command is documented; if you look at the entry in the VOC file you will see that it is a MENU, which in turn can be looked at and which shows the actual TCL commands issued. The real reason is that some of us have been working with UniVerse and it's compatible products for more years than we'd like to admit, so it is easy for us to identify those commands that aren't part of the base product.

Please note that these commands are, for the most part, intentionally left undocumented by IBM/Ascential because they are not normally required for users of DataStage and that the potential for incorrectly using them can be a corrupted project or even a broken DataStage installation.

The best way to learn much of this is by downloading the UniVerse documentation (for free) at IBM's web site. But DataStage is being developed to go away from this kernal engine so any knowledge you get regarding the internals will, at some point in the near future, become obsolete.
raj_konig
Participant

Post by raj_konig »

Thank you for the information

rajesh
swarnaaneel
Participant

Post by swarnaaneel »

thank you Arnd ,as u suggested i exceuted the command,now it is working fine
ANEEL