Command line commands for datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijayindukuri
Participant

Command line commands for datastage

Post by vijayindukuri »

Hi Iam new to datastage
Can any one help me where can i get all the list of commands that can be given form datastage command promt and how do i enter to datastage from command prompt.
Thankyou
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You can get a pretty good list by entering the command "HELP"; but of the hundreds of commands you will get only a few will be of use or helpful for you. The main concept behind DataStage is that you can use the graphical client software instead of the text commands. You cannot "enter DataStage" from this command prompt.
ceenu
Participant

Re: Command line commands for datastage

Post by ceenu »

we sould enter to datastage through windows only.

Thanks
Ceenu
ceenu
Participant

Re: Command line commands for datastage

Post by ceenu »

we sould enter to datastage through windows only.

Thanks
Ceenu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"DataStage commands" can be entered via the Administrator client or via a telnet session. Where DataStage server is installed on Windows, telnet is a DataStage service. "DataStage commands" can not, in general, be entered from a DOS (or cmd) shell.

Your apparent lack of experience/knowledge leads me to warn you that, once in this environment, it is possible to do a lot of damage if you do not know what you are doing, damage that may void your warranty. (And if you do know what you are doing, you can do even more damage!)

There are literally thousands of different commands - there is no way they could all be listed here. The environment is at the same time a database schema, an application development environment, a programming language, a virtual machine and an interface (through API libraries) to lots of other functionality).

If there is something specific you need to do, search and post here. Others with experience will be able to help. It takes years (literally) to become familiar with all the possible commands.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vijayindukuri
Participant

Post by vijayindukuri »

Thank you ray
I need to copy a text file using datastage command stage and place it another directory and even some times load into other systems like khalix .
And I just thought of learning more of commands like API commands so that could help me.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, you would just use operating system commands, batch files or UNIX scripts, for tasks like that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read the help/manual again about what the Command stage does. It executes an operating system command, not a DataStage command. Therefore you can use operating system commands such as mv or COPY to accomplish what you seek to do.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.