PeopleSoft and DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

koojo
Premium Member
Premium Member

PeopleSoft and DataStage

Post by koojo »

Can DS read and write to a peopelsoft database? If yes does it need a extra pack?
dsrules
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: PeopleSoft and DataStage

Post by dsrules »

DataStage has the PeopleSoft EPM pack, which includes all the jobs, Sequences and Metadata for loading the Data into the EPM Warehouse.

koojo wrote:Can DS read and write to a peopelsoft database? If yes does it need a extra pack?

Post by vmcburney »

The PeopleSoft schema has a LOT of tables and can be very difficult to extract and load directly. That's why Ascential offer the PeopleSoft Pack for getting info out of PeopleSoft databases and providing a more accessible layer.

If you have PeopleSoft-EPM you should get all the DataStage jobs and the extract Pack for free.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

We ended up doing it Pack-free from PeopleSoft HR and Finance systems. Wasn't too bad as they're 'just' Oracle tables. You would need plenty of support from the Other Side because, as Vince noted, there are alot of tables in a PeopleSoft instance. ALOT. Blew my mind when I first TOAD'd in and had to wait for it to build a list of the 30,000 tables that were there, all owned by SYS or SYSADM from what I recall. :shock:

Of course, you only end up needing a small fraction of that number. And it does have some... quirks... that perhaps a Pack would help smooth over.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers