upgrade from datastage 7.1 to latest version 7.5.1A

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sainath
Premium Member
Premium Member

upgrade from datastage 7.1 to latest version 7.5.1A

Post by sainath »

hi

we want to upgrade datastage to latest version 7.5.1.A.I just want to know is there any bugs in latest version.we want datatstage version which is compatable to oracle 10g.
pl share your veiws.
THKS
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

DataStage 7.5.1a has bugs. So does 7.1. Some of the 7.1 bugs are fixed at 7.5.1a and some of them are new.

Most migrations from 7.1 up to 7.5.1a are easy and cause no problems. Sometimes small differences have been shown to be bothersome, but nothing insurmountable and no reason not to upgrade if you have the option.

Sequences have added new functionality and you can look at the README and UPGRADES pdf files to get a list of bugs that are fixed.
klarson88
Participant

Re: upgrade from datastage 7.1 to latest version 7.5.1A

Post by klarson88 »

sainath wrote:hi

we want to upgrade datastage to latest version 7.5.1.A.I just want to know is there any bugs in latest version.we want datatstage version which is compatable to oracle 10g.
pl share your veiws.
THKS
We completed the same transition on AIX last year. The GUI dev tools have a few bugs, but nothing that is not normal for windows. For our jobs on Unix, the transition did not cause any differences, and all jobs kept performing as before. They kept performing in the same fashion as before. We will be attempting to use it with a 10gR2 client in the future, but are constrained now because of some legacy systems to use an older Oracle client, since Oracle ceased to allow connections to Oracle 7.3 from clients 9i or newer.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

All software has bugs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.