Learning routines

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rafidwh
Participant

Learning routines

Post by rafidwh »

Hi All,

I was using the routines written by my seniors from onsite for my previous jobs,now the turn is mine,I need to write the routines hereafter.
Could anyone please tell me how we need to writ eth routines,I mean Any language I need to learn,The syntax to be followed.
To be simple What the steps I need to follow to become a good programmer to write the routines.

Thanx in Advance

help needed please :D
MaheshKumar Sugunaraj
Participant

Post by MaheshKumar Sugunaraj »

Hi,

About Routines has already been posted, so please search the forum,

Just to give you jist, U have the Ascential PDFs go through the "Ascential DataStage BASIC Guide" which would help you lot in understandin the Commands and Syntaxs.

As to your next question:
What the steps I need to follow to become a good programmer to write the routines.

A Good Programmer - Should be person who knows what algorthim is and what are the steps/commands/comments needed to be used to achive the output.

I hope the above is useful for you. :)

Best of Luck.

With Regards
M
kcshankar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kcshankar »

Hi Rafidw,
To start with gothru Built-ins and SDK.

Regards
kcs
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is a module on routines in DataStage Essentials training class from IBM. Enrol soon.

There also exists a class called Programming with DataStage BASIC but this is not regularly scheduled.

Some vendors also offer custom training that includes a one-day introduction to writing DataStage server routines.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.