Setting Parameters for Jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bgs_vb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Setting Parameters for Jobs

Post by bgs_vb »

Hi Online Gurus,

I am trying to move datas available in PeopleSoft CRM transaction system to PeopleSoft EPM system.

EPM has delivered jobs, sequences for loading the datas. i need to know how to set parameters and also what kinds of parameters required.

It will help me a lot if I could get an idea of possible errors that would creep-in and the ways to rectifying them.

Regards,
Vindy
Poornagirija
Participant

Post by Poornagirija »

HI,
You can set the parameters in Job properties window.You can refer the PDF.
You can set parameters for DatasourceName,UserId,PWD etc..
If you are using files then You can set Parameters for FILE PATH also

It depends on your requirement.
With Regards,
Poornagirija.

"Don't limit your challenges - challenge your limits"
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As to "how", it depends on how you ask for a job run.

If you run the job manually from Director, you are prompted to enter parameter values.

If you run the job from the command line (dsjob) you provide as many -param name=value options as necessary.

If you run the job from a job sequence, the job sequence is responsible for providing parameter values for the job (open the properties of a Job activity to see how this is accomplished). To supply parameter values to a job sequence, any of these three mechanisms applies - please refer recursively to this post.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Andal
Participant

Post by Andal »

Hi Vindy,

EPM jobs has all the required parameteres. You have to open the Administrator Client, Choose Your project and Click Properties Button. Again you have to click Environment Button and you have to choose userdefined.

There you will find something like "CRM_ ". You have to fill the necessary values there and create proper ODBCs on your Ascential Server.
Rgds
Anand