Problem while push the data to SAP BW

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

divine
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem while push the data to SAP BW

Post by divine »

HI All,

While I am running the job which is used to push the data from oracle to SAP BW info package, the job shows all the records have been push to BW but while I am checking the records in BW I found that only limited number of records has been move to BW. But in datasatge director it shows all the records has been moved and when I select show performance statistics than also I found out that all the records have been move to BW but in BW it shows only few number of records reached. For example when I push 2076 records from Oracle to BW, in my job it shows 2076 records gone , but in BW actually 76 records reached. So any one have any idea why this happens.
With Regards
Biswajit
divine
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by divine »

HI,
Anybody has any update in this problem
With Regards
Biswajit
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Have you checked on the BW side for error messages? The problem seems there.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
divine
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by divine »

HI,
I have already check in the BW side. There is no error message .Typically when data goes to BW we get a green signal and if aborts then we get red signal. But in this case the signal is yellow. Secondly the data goes in packet of size 1000. But here BW did not get 2 packets i.e. 2000 records and only get one packet of 76 records. But the datasatge job shows all the records have been pushed to BW.
With Regards
Biswajit
venugopal81
Participant

Are you checked RFC server connections?

Post by venugopal81 »

As you mentioned Job is not finished in BW (Yellow). This problem occurs due to broken pipe error or no child process in BW or RFC server connection last. Please check RFC server connections in Datastage Administrator for SAP.
divine
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by divine »

Hi, I have already check the RFC connction.It works fine.
With Regards
Biswajit
divine
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by divine »

HI,
can I get a reply to my problem.
Thanks
With Regards
Biswajit
divine
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by divine »

HI,

When I analysed the problem I found one of the reason is the connectivity issue.The job waits : 120 seconds. which is the maximum time. May be this is one of the reason, while uploading the data to BW , data goes in packets and each packet has to wait till the other packet push the data. So I believe may be one of the packet took more time for which the data goes from the dtastage but it is in wait mode in BW.
So can any body has any idea how to set the wait time and where to set the time.
With Regards
Biswajit
divine
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by divine »

Hi,

I am getting the following error also.

Timeout waiting for BW to indicate InfoPackage ready for load
With Regards
Biswajit
divine
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by divine »

Can I get any answer to my question please.
With Regards
Biswajit
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Divine,

if nobody has answered your question they either don't know the answer or don't want to respond to it. Continually asking for updates or demanding answers won't work in this forum.

I think you need to call your support provider now. Good luck, and please post your answer here so that others can benefit in the future.
rsomiset
Premium Member
Premium Member

Timeout waiting for BW to indicate InfoPackage ready for loa

Post by rsomiset »

ArndW wrote:Divine,

if nobody has answered your question they either don't know the answer or don't want to respond to it. Continually asking for updates or demanding answers won't work in this forum.

I th ...
I am having the same problem pushing the data i have enabled the timeout envorinment variable which is ASC_BWLOAD_IPAK_TIMEOUT and gave the value around 720 secs and also my RFC connection is good i mean the connection is successful and i have checked for the .started file and it doesnt exist

one more thing when i checked time out for the Infopackage on BW side it was 7 hours

What can be the issue with this error can anyone help on this my basis team is also working on this.
--
Raj