error in code generation.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tom
Participant

error in code generation.

Post by tom »

Hi,

Am back again with a new error msg.i shoul be named as DS Error Expert.the error msg what am getting this time is 'error in code generation
,contact technical support'.there is no problem in validating the job,it gets validated successfully.plz help me in solving the problem.
Devlopers corner
Viswanath
Participant

Post by Viswanath »

Could you post some more details? I believe its a mainframe DS job. IS the problem with the code generation? Can you post the design of the job?

Cheers,
Vishy
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If it's a mainframe job you can't validate it - you can only push the COBOL and JCL files to the mainframe for compilation and execution.
Please confirm whether this is a mainframe job or a server job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tom
Participant

Post by tom »

Hi vish and ray,
it is mainframe job.when i hit on the "generate a code" tab,a window pops up in which it says job is validated successfully and after the code generation starts it says"error in code generation,contact technical support".is it clear if not plz let me know i will post my query in detail.

ray.wurlod wrote:If it's a mainframe job you can't validate it - you can only push the COBOL and JCL files to the mainframe for compilation and execution.
Please confirm whether this is a mainframe job or a server job.
Devlopers corner
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My misunderstanding - this used to be called pre-compilation; it's the phase where the code generator does a "sanity check" of the design before attempting to generate code.

This style of message usually arises when there is some mandatory property missing, such as a file or table name. Mainframe jobs are not, unfortunately, very good at generating good diagnoses so you have to do your own systematic detective work. :cry:

Tip: also check the volume and serial (etc) of any file that you are having the job create - these, too, are mandatory properties.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.