Compile hanging

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Kirtikumar
Participant

Compile hanging

Post by Kirtikumar »

Hi,

Whenever I am compiling a particular job, the DS compile is hanging and we had to close the window forcefully and due to that the jobs are locking. We are able to unlock it afterward.

Do anyone has faced this problem that the job compile of a particular job is hanging? I tried to take a copy of that job and compile the copy, still having same issue, the compile of copy also hangs the DS designer window and we had to close it forcefully causing the jobs to lock.

We are facing this prob only for 2/3 jobs from all other 50 jobs.
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

This is odd, I've never seen the compiler itself hang. Perhaps it, too, is waiting on a lock. Can you monitor the activity of the process that is doing the compile from UNIX - to check whether it is using CPU cycles? Does PORT.STATUS show any activity for this process?
Kirtikumar
Participant

Post by Kirtikumar »

Thanks for ur inputs.

I checked processes on unix prompt. In addition to some dscs and dsapi process one more process as follows was shown:

Code: Select all

CATALOG -L -INFORMATION.FORMAT -N AGREE_AA JOB.1427771523.DT.1387337395.TRANS3 RT_BP719.O JOB.1427771523.DT.1387337395.TRANS3
As shown here, I thought trans3 may be having problem. I checked the code for trans3 and got the name of trans3 and deleted that transformer from the job and it compiled successfully.
The job is having 2 paths and later they are collected in a link collector. I deleted the 2nd path which contains the trans3. After deleting the trans3 in the job, it compiled successfully.

But the prev job which I tried compiling is locked now. To unlock I killed the dscs and dsapi but it is not working and we have to call DSADM of our DS server.

Isnt it strange behavior, the job getting compiled if I remove mentioned transformer.
Is anyone having any idea why the compile is behaving like this?
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.
MTA
Participant

Post by MTA »

You may also unlock the jobs using director. or using through uvsh from command prompt
M.T.Anwer
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent;
the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
-Aiden Nowlan