Running a job with multiple instances

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Running a job with multiple instances

Post by somu_june »

HI Guys,

I am trying to run a job with multiple instances. I selected the option "Allow Multiple Instance" in Job properties and parameterized my source files. Whats the procedure now to run with multiple instances? After I run my job with file 1 as source I am trying to run it again but it says job is already running . I believe I am doing a mistake which I am unable to figure out . I appreciate if someone would guide me through the process of running a job with multiple instances.

Merry Christmas to everyone out here .. and Happy Holidays !!

Thankyou

-Somu
somaraju
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Using Director: on the Run window that blank white box that says Invocation ID, put some text in there and see what happens.

Using Batch Job Control: attach to the job using Jobname.InvocationID where just like using the Director, supply some text and see what happens.

Using Sequencer: use Jobname.InvocationID where just like using the Director and Batch job control, supply some text and see what happens.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle