disk space full causing datastage to work weird

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SonShe
Premium Member
Premium Member

disk space full causing datastage to work weird

Post by SonShe »

Due to disk space being nearly full the jobs did not function properly. The jobs either aborted without any error message. The logs in the director also could not be opened.

I though the datastage server could be stopped and restarted. I did that. After restart, I can't login to any project. What I can o now?
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Running out of disk space on your data drives is recoverable, running out of disk space on your software drive is as lethal on a DataStage server as it is on a Windows desktop.

Did your server really restart? It is likely you have a port timeout pending. Open up the DataStage Install and Upgrade Guide and do a search for the term "netstat". It explains why your server does not always restart.

You may need to clear out some status files of jobs that were running when you ran out of disk space. There is a clear status file option in Director.

Try to keep your software drive seperate to your data drive (sequential files etc) and allow a lot of extra space for growth of DataStage log files.
Andal
Participant

Post by Andal »

SonShe,

Search is Your Best Friend. Look at this Topic.
Rgds
Anand
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Andal wrote:SonShe,

Search is Your Best Friend. Look at this Topic.
Hi Andal,
The post cannot be reached :cry:

-Kumar
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

I think this the link that anand is talking about

viewtopic.php?t=97239
Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.