Creating log

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DataStageCnu
Participant

Creating log

Post by DataStageCnu »

Hi,

I am getting this error while running my job.

Event type:Warning
Error occurred during link open processing.
DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error -100.

This is actually happend when i ran the job. Source and targets are DB2. I am loading the target table and if there is any error records, then i am loading all error records into error table. The target array size for both tables is 32767. I believe, this might be leading to the error. If i set array size to 1, it is working fine. But i don't want to hit Database for every record. Please suggest me to resolve it.

One more big problem is... if i set array size 24000, I am getting the following error and log is keep on creating thousands and thousands of warnings. The same warning, even after i stop the job and reset it. What might be the reason and let me know how to stop the continues flow... i did my best... but i can't.. Please help me. There is no administrator here... don't say, ask your admin to clear it...

Event type:Warning
AccountJob1..Trans11: [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0120E Memory allocation failure. SQLSTATE=HY001
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

With an array size of N you can get back a buffer containing N warnings. You can not prevent this. It's one of the down sides of using arrays.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DataStageCnu
Participant

How to stop it then..

Post by DataStageCnu »

ray.wurlod wrote:With an array size of N you can get back a buffer containing N warnings. You can not prevent this. It's one of the down sides of using arrays.
Thanks for your response Ray,

But how can i stop generating log with out restarting the server. Please suggest me in some way..

Is it possible to give some sort of information about arrays. I mean the Array management in DataStage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Restarting the server won't help at all. If you use an array of 24000 and the database server generates 24000 warnings, then DataStage will log all 24000 warnings. That's the DataStage philosophy; if you need to know about it, it will be logged.
The way to remedy the situation is to prevent the warnings from occurring.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DataStageCnu
Participant

Post by DataStageCnu »

ray.wurlod wrote:Restarting the server won't help at all. If you use an array of 24000 and the database server generates 24000 warnings, then DataStage will log all 24000 warnings. That's the DataStage philosophy; if you need to know about it, it will be logged.
The way to remedy the situation is to prevent the warnings from occurring.
Thanks Ray...
Thanks,
Cnu

We work together to workout...