DSDesign.exe has generated errors and will be closed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kerensho
Participant

DSDesign.exe has generated errors and will be closed

Post by kerensho »

Hello,

One of our users is getting the following error once in a while and then the DS throw him out:

DSDesign.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.
An error log is being created.

I assume this is a Windows problem but if anyone can suggest how we might prevent that it will be great.

Thanks,
Keren
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If it's only "once in a while" then I'd say that can be considered normal. There are certain operations, like a double-click in the wrong place at the wrong time, can cause 'automation errors' and crash you back to the desktop.

There are a couple of things you can try. First would be to reinstall the client and see if that helps. You can also search the forum for mention of a patch available from Ascential that may help with this.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
alanwms
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by alanwms »

I'm getting this same error about once a day for the past week on my 7.5 client with windows server. I haven't tried to re-install the client yet, since it hasn't affected me much. I'll try the reinstall. Thanks for the tip Craig.

Alan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sometimes it's the typical Windows issues with DLL versions and other software updating one that another application is dependant on. Or things just get... horked up. :wink:

A reinstall is pretty painless and corrects those kinds of errors. If you still have problems after that, investigate "the patch".
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers