OCI_INVALID_HANDLE with Link Collector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rleishman
Premium Member
Premium Member

OCI_INVALID_HANDLE with Link Collector

Post by rleishman »

I'm trying to do a UNION ALL of 3 SQL statements on the same database. Rather than have one big&nasty user-defined SQL, I have written the 3 statements separately as a Column Generated SQL, and concatenated them with a Round Robin Link Collector. Furthermore, since they are all run on the same Oracle database, I created 3 output links on a single OCI stage, like this:

Code: Select all

_______         _______          _______
|     |---------|     |          |     |
| OCI |---------| LC  |----------| SEQ |
|_____|---------|_____|          |_____|
It runs to completion (all SQLs run and return all rows), and then the job aborts with the following message:

Code: Select all

XF_CDM_EPCC_EXPNS_test..OCI_EV_CC_EXP_EXTRACT: Oracle Error - OCI_INVALID_HANDLE
There is no Oracle error message number or accompanying error message.

If I redesign the job to use 3 OCI stages instead of one stage with 3 links, IT WORKS :o I haven't changed the connection details or the SQLs - I simply copy/paste the original OCI twice, deleted the unwanted links, and hooked them up to the Link Collector.

I suspect it is a bug. I'm using DS 7.5.1A with Oracle 10.1. Can anyone confirm or disprove this?
Ross Leishman