unable to receive Email Notifications

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

venugopal81
Participant

unable to receive Email Notifications

Post by venugopal81 »

Hi All,

Till morning we have received email notifications successfully after job runs. But now we are unable to receive any mail notifications. Please suggest me.

job logs: (previous job logs and current job log same)
Jobname..JobControl (DSSendMail): Sent message to abc@a.com'
Executed command: /opt/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/Prod/sendmail_jobname.sh
*** No output from command ***
The following parameters in the call to DSSendMail were not mentioned in the file 'dssendmail_template.txt': server

Thanks&regards
venu
Tania
Participant

Post by Tania »

Hi Venu

I had a similar problem to this on a Linux server recently and found that someone/something had stopped the sendmail service on the server.
The following parameters in the call to DSSendMail were not mentioned in the file 'dssendmail_template.txt': server
This message didn't seem to affect the ability to send mail once the service was running though and doesn't produce a warning either.

You could try the DSTestMail utility from Manager but I have a feeling that it will give you the same message.

Cheers
Tania
venugopal81
Participant

How to find sendmail service stopped or not

Post by venugopal81 »

Hi Tania,

How to find sendmail service stopped or not. How to fix this issue.
Please help me.

thanks
venu
Tania
Participant

Post by Tania »

Again this was on a Linux Red Hat server so I'm not sure how it works on Unix.

From root directory I type "setup" and it opens up a menu with "System Services" on it. In System Services I look for the sendmail service and check that it started as indicated by a *

I'll let you know if I find out how it works on Unix but don't hold your breath. :wink:

Cheers
Tania
koolnitz
Participant

Post by koolnitz »

Hi Venu,

You can check whether the sendmail service on your Unix box is running or not, by issuing the below command:

$ ps -ef | grep "sendmail"

If you dont get any output row, then contact your Network (or System) Administrator. Ask him to start/refresh the sendmail daemon.

FYI, The sendmail command uses a configuration file (the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file by default) to set operational parameters and to determine how the command parses addresses. This file is a text file that you can edit with other text editors. After modifying sendmail.cf, refresh the sendmail daemon.

Cheers!!
- Nitin
venugopal81
Participant

sendmail working after restart

Post by venugopal81 »

After restart sendmail service now we receiving email notifions.

Thanks koolnitz & Tania