Rebuilding DataStage repository indices.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anil411
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rebuilding DataStage repository indices.

Post by anil411 »

Please guide me how to reindex DataStage repository. In the forum, I have seen, it can be done by running DS.REINDEX ALL but I don't know, where to run this command. I tried searching this in DS server under various directories but could find it.

I am using DataStage 7.5. In earlier version there was an option to do Project Cleanup in Administrator but now I don't see that.

Thanks,

Anil
Bala R
Participant

Post by Bala R »

Log into the DataStage administrator, go to the Projects tab and select the project and click on the 'Command' button. In the command editor, type your basic command. HTH.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You really should leave the indexes alone unless you have reason to believe they need rebuilding.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
anil411
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anil411 »

ray.wurlod wrote:You really should leave the indexes alone unless you have reason to believe they need rebuilding.
Ray, when I try to open a job in desinger, I get msg "This item has no design time information". I can run the job thru director but can not edit in designer. Please suggest, if I need to do anything else. Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

More information, please. One job? All jobs? If you are 'releasing' jobs and the job in question is one that has been released, this is the expected behaviour.

Any idea how it got in this state?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
anil411
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anil411 »

chulett wrote:More information, please. One job? All jobs? If you are 'releasing' jobs and the job in question is one that has been released, this is the expected behaviour.

Any idea how it got in this state?
I have not released the jobs yet. This is happening with only this job. All other jobs are running good. Also there is a sequence that is running few jobs. It runs all the jobs fine and I get the expected results. In the log in director, I get msg saying "Job control process (pid 8128) has failed".
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That message has nothing whatsoever to do with indexes. It relates to the fact that the design-time information is missing. This can come about, for example, by exporting only the job executable - not the job design. It can also result from partial deletion of the job design.

You need to establish what has happened. If you exported the job from a development system, do so again, compiling the job first, and making sure that you include the job design itself.

(Technically, the error message indicates that the ROOT record for the job is missing from DS_JOBOBJECTS. However, there are no utilities for re-building a ROOT record, so let's not go there.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.