Ds_loadlibrary error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vimali balakrishnan
Participant

Ds_loadlibrary error

Post by vimali balakrishnan »

Hi,

I tried populating a table from a text file.I get the following error,

ds_loadlibrary: Win32 error in LoadLibrary of oraoci9.dll - The specified module could not be found.

We had Oracle 9i client installed on the DS Server.but we uninstalled Oracle 9i and we installed Oracle 10g on the DS Server.Can anyone help me out in solving this issue?

Regards,
Vimali.
Bala R
Participant

Post by Bala R »

You should be able to connect to Oracle 10g from a OCI9 plugin. Did you mean, you uninstalled the OCI plug in itself? I would guess you have to install the plug-in as thats what the error message says.
HTH.
vimali balakrishnan
Participant

Post by vimali balakrishnan »

I didn't delete the oracle plug in..I uninstalled the Oracle 9i software which was installed previously on the DS Server,and installed Oracle 10g software.Is the problem due to this?
NBALA
Participant

Post by NBALA »

Hi,

I am getting the same error with oraoci9.dll, But the message is Access denied.

Fatal ds_loadlibrary: Win32 error in LoadLibrary of oraoci9.dll - Access is denied.

Means the dll is not registered or I do not have the permission ?!

Thanks
-NB
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

It means the client was not installed as administrator, you'll need to get that client folder opened up in permissions.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
NBALA
Participant

Post by NBALA »

I have the local admin rights and installed. This is happening only I try to access the "View Data" or Run the job.

With DS admin user id/pwd it is working fine. For all rest of the users its giving the same error. Seems the issue is on the server side.

Thanks
-NB
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

The issue is with the permissions. You say that its working fine with the dsadm ID.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Jewels
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Jewels »

I experienced this error when our systems people decided to drop our database for a patch install while we were executing our batch cycle. The Permissions issue was related to the database being down. Check with the systems admin people to see if the database is available.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Welcome Aboard!:)
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE