can win jobs run on unix

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kkreddy
Participant

can win jobs run on unix

Post by kkreddy »

hi dsguru's,

can we run jobs on unix mechime which are developed on windows, if possible how? if not, how to convert those jobs to run on unix mechine. and also how to extract data from peoplesoft and jdedwards databases, is there any odbc drivers for it .

thanks in advance
Kiran Kumar
Andal
Participant

Post by Andal »

Hi Kiran,

You Can very well run the Jobs in the Unix Platform, which were developed in windows. It wont result in any errors or warnings.

What do you mean by Peoplesoft and JdEdwards databases. I hope they are some Products which will be installed on Stadard database something like Oracle, SqlServer.

Rgds
Anand
Rgds
Anand
kkreddy
Participant

Post by kkreddy »

thanks anand
Andal wrote:Hi Kiran,

What do you mean by Peoplesoft and JdEdwards databases. I hope they are some Products which will be installed on Stadard database something like Oracle, SqlServer.

Rgds
Anand
u mean these are erp packages which has their databases like oracle/sql server.

i think for these erp packages we need some plugin/tools to connect and we can not extract directly .
Andal
Participant

Post by Andal »

Kiran

Let me put the question in another form!

To fetch a table in Oracle or Sqlserver, do we need seperate packs?. I dont have much idea about it (Fetching PS and JDE)? Can someone explain on this.
Rgds
Anand
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Andal,

you are talking 2 different types of issue. Firstly, DataStage can connect to the databases directly using various methods; this is the easy part. Secondly, connecting to PeopleSoft or JD Edwards systems and getting structured data. Since these systems have their own structures just reading the database tables isn't going to give you any useful information. There are DataStage add-on packages that allow connectivity to PeopleSoft but none specifically for JD Edwards that I am aware of.
Andal
Participant

Post by Andal »

Thanks Arndw

For giving me the informations. By referring to the website which you have pointed out there is a pack available for JdEdwards also

Code: Select all

IBM WebSphere DataStage Pack for PeopleSoft Enterprise 
IBM WebSphere DataStage Pack for PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne (J.D. Edwards) 
Rgds
Anand
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Thanks - I missed that one.
kcbland
Participant

Re: can win jobs run on unix

Post by kcbland »

kkreddy wrote:can we run jobs on unix mechime which are developed on windows, if possible how? if not, how to convert those jobs to run on unix mechine.
The first part of a two part question:

If you developed on Windoze, make sure you choose Unix files whenever using the sequential file stage. When doing before/after system calls, you will need to avoid ExecDOS and ExecSH and write your own version that is system aware. Use a SYSTEM(91) check in the function and if the return value is 1 the job is running on a Windoze machine so issue ExecDOS calls, otherwise issue ExecSH.

As for jobs, just be sensitive to the slash in filenames and paths. Consider a job parameter called Slash and use it where you would put the / or the \. Set the parameter at runtime, maybe dynamically after checking the SYSTEM(91) value.

Otherwise, the jobs work the same on both platforms.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle