Smart Semaphore - mutex timeout

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tkozlows
Premium Member
Premium Member

Smart Semaphore - mutex timeout

Post by tkozlows »

We have encountered the dreaded mutex errors. I have searched the forum for suggestions and found some comments about changing the values of SPINTRIES and SPINSLEEP parameters.

After stoping DS, changing the values of these parameters to 50 and 5000 respectively, regenerating and restarting DS, I found that SPINTRIES value was not altered (SPINSLEEP was modified). The comments in uvconfig associated with these parameters mention HP-UX only.

Are these parameters only relevant to HP-UX? We are running SunOS 5.8 on Sun Fire V890.
felixyong
Participant

Re: Smart Semaphore - mutex timeout

Post by felixyong »

tkozlows wrote:We have encountered the dreaded mutex errors. I have searched the forum for suggestions and found some comments about changing the values of SPINTRIES and SPINSLEEP parameters.

After stoping DS, changing the values of these parameters to 50 and 5000 respectively, regenerating and restarting DS, I found that SPINTRIES value was not altered (SPINSLEEP was modified). The comments in uvconfig associated with these parameters mention HP-UX only.

Are these parameters only relevant to HP-UX? We are running SunOS 5.8 on Sun Fire V890.
You can increase the timeout in the active-to-active performance link as an alternative.