problem in sequencer job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jagadish25
Participant

problem in sequencer job

Post by jagadish25 »

There is one sequencer stage and i have given three job activity as input to this
i want to go to next level(complete the sequencer) and and go to next stage .
now my quesion is if any job aborts i have to get the answer i.e i have to cross the sequencer stage
i think if i use ANY mode we can do it . or is there any other thing to look after that
thanks
rkdatastage
Participant

Post by rkdatastage »

Hi

You can set the Sequencer Mode to "Any" . IF any of the jobs u have connected to the sequencer run without fail then the control will pass to the next Stage on the Sequencer . But you have to design the job such a way that if any job aborts it should be notify you .

RK
jagadish25
Participant

thk

Post by jagadish25 »

thks rk,
how to notify the job
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

How to notify the job? You mean, how to have the job notify you? That would be through the use of the Notification Activity stage, oddly enough. It is used to send an email, typically when something goes wrong but could be for any purpose where notification is required.

Suggest you read the Designer Guide manual, the chapter on Job Sequences in particular. Each stage is touched upon and several examples are provided.

ps. If you set the Sequencer to 'Any' mode, then you are allowing it to be 'crossed' as you put it when any link triggers - i.e. when the first job finishes it could move on. If it is meant to be more of an 'all or nothing' gate, then set the mode to 'All' so that it is only crossed when all three trigger conditions have been met.

Note that I didn't say 'when all three jobs complete' as it is controlled by the Trigger conditions in the links connected to it. So, if all three were set to 'Ok' then it would only pass the Sequencer if all three jobs ran without error. Problems would need to be handled either by separate failure triggers on the job activities or perhaps by the Exception Activity stage itself, depending on your version.

As noted, all of this is documented and discussed in the Designer Guide.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jagadish25
Participant

thk

Post by jagadish25 »

thk chullet