Job Doesn't trigger the Exception Handler when it aborts

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gr17
Participant

Job Doesn't trigger the Exception Handler when it aborts

Post by gr17 »

Hello,

I have a sequencer (SEQ) with two sequence jobs

Seq 1 (Unconditional) ---> Seq 2----> WarningEmail

ExceptionHandler --->Errormail--->Terminator

when seq 1 aborts, the Exception_Handler is not getting triggered if I select the option reset if required and run the job. when the job aborts it is starting the Seq 2 instead of aborting the sequence.

The exception handler gets triggered only when I remove the reset if required option and change the trigger to OK (conditional) for Seq 1.

Is this a common error in Sequencer or Am I missing something here.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

P.S> I searched this forum for Sequencer, Exception Handler and could not find an answer, So I posted a new topic.

Thanks,
G.R
manteena
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manteena »

I think unconditional part makes sense to me (yeah It is common) but try to do some research on the reset if required part
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The exception handler only fires if the job status is not handled. An "otherwise" trigger is deemed to have handled it in this context.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jenkinsrob
Participant

Post by jenkinsrob »

You need to check the 'Automatically handle activities that fail' checkbox in the job properties of your seqences.
gr17
Participant

Post by gr17 »

Hello,

Thank you for the replies. It works fine when I select the option Automatically handle activities that fail.
Thanks,
G.R