variable NullToZero not defined

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

LogicDude
Participant

variable NullToZero not defined

Post by LogicDude »

I am getting a goofy error while compiling the jobs.

In Transformer Stage, all the column transformations where I am using "nulltozero", have become "Red". I checked out other jobs and it's the same. The jobs which were running fine till now, are suddenly not even compiling because the "nulltozero" columns are red now !

When I use "nulltozero" in the constraint of a transformer, I get the error message: " constraint error: variable nulltozero not defined".

Can anypone suggest me what to do? I am lost... :(

TIA...
logic
Participant

Post by logic »

Hi,
My 1 cent
Are you selecting the routine by clicking or typing it. Chances are that there might be a spelling error or a space overlooked. Although this might not be the case since all your jobs are not compiling and were running fine before. but just in case......
Also was the routine renamed/deleted ifrom the manager...a remote possibility
LogicDude
Participant

Post by LogicDude »

Hi,

I checked the manager. The "nulltozero" should be in the "Transforms" folder but in my current project, it's empty. I don't know how it got deleted!

I am not able to import the inbuilt transforms from other project. (read only).

Any other way?

TIA
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

LogicDude wrote:Hi,

I checked the manager. The "nulltozero" should be in the "Transforms" folder but in my current project, it's empty. I don't know how it got deleted!

I am not able to import the inbuilt transforms from other project. (read only).

Any other way?

TIA
Create a copy of the Transform (copied one would not be readonly).
Export it and import it the target project and change the name to NullToZero. :wink:
Or
Use this command to make it updateable

Code: Select all

UPDATE DS_TRANSFORMS SET READONLY='NRO' where @ID='NullToZero'
and Export
rleishman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rleishman »

Make sure the routine is compiled. Someone may have opened it and hit SAVE.
Ross Leishman
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Export NullToZero Transform from another project, selecting the "include read-only objects" option. You will then be able to import it into the project from which it has been deleted. It will still be read-only.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
LogicDude
Participant

Post by LogicDude »

ray.wurlod wrote:Export NullToZero Transform from another project, selecting the "include read-only objects" option. You will then be able to import it into the project from which it has been deleted. It will still be read-only.
Thanks a lot, Ray. Sorry for replying late. Well that day, when I attempted to take a back up of the project (export), everything became normal. I mean the NullToZero transforms are no more "Red". And I was able to kick off the master sequence with out any problem. But I am still not able to see these transforms in the manager. I think I need to rebuilt indices on this project.

I want to figure out what excatly caused this. :?:

We will do some more cleanups in this project.

Thank you all for all your inputs!