MSSql Server Load Stage.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

MSSql Server Load Stage.

Post by DSguru2B »

Hi guyz,
Have a simple question. We are using sql server as our target database. Uptill now i was building jobs using the DRS stage. I have asked them to install the MSSql server load stage. I believe it will increase the performance as it uses sql server's native driver.
But i just found out that mssql server load stage is only supported on windows platform. as far as i remember, there isnt any version of sql server thats on unix platform. but ds jobs run and execute on unix platform.
My question is, can we get mssql server load stage?
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Hi guyz,
I did some research on it. MSSql Server Load plug in is windows platform specific. Only if the DS server is on windows, only then that plugin is useful. I wonder why its confined to only windows??
anyways, thanks guyz.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I guess "they" will tell you that it's because SQL Server only runs on Windows.

Depending on your version of SQL Server you may be able to use the BCP stage.

But "they" have a SQL Server Enterprise stage that can be used in parallel jobs. :roll:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.