Sequencer problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mimi
Participant

Sequencer problem

Post by mimi »

I have a sequencer SEQIni running 3 routine activities:
SeqSA --> SeqODS --> SeqDSA.

If one job failed in SeqSA, SeqSA finished and SeqODS runs.

How can i do to abort SeqSA if one of his job failed.

Thanks,
Precious
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Precious »

There has been a number of postings on this topic. Do a search.
One of which is viewtopic.php?t=92131&start=0&postdays= ... aborttolog
Precious

Mosher's Law of Software Engineering: Don't worry if it doesn't work right. If everything did, you'd be out of a job.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your terminology is confusing; you refer to routines but your words suggest that they are job activities.

If they are routines, then the trigger can be based on the return value being 0 (OK) or otherwise (not OK).

If they are job activities, then make the trigger from SeqSA to SeqODS an OK trigger. Then, within SeqSA, force every job that does not succeed to fire a trigger that goes to the UtilityWarnToLog routine via a Routine activity. In this way SeqSA will have a warning in its log, so its OK trigger in SeqINI will not fire.

Nothing need ever abort; you remain totally in control.

If you wish, you can handle the fact that SeqODS will not be being run however you like (with a second trigger from SeqSA for example, leading to a Notification activity to send email to someone who's paid to care about such things).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mimi
Participant

Post by mimi »

I have tested with the routine but it dosen't work. I have warnings in SeqSA routine but my sequence still running (SeqSA ---> SeqODS ---> SeqDSA).
any idea ?
rkacham_DSX
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Sequencer problem

Post by rkacham_DSX »

Use abort stage trigger the link as other
Thanks,
Ramesh